This quick tutorial covers everything from ISO to “counting clicks.”
CameraSim simulates the settings for digital SLR camera. It allows you to adjust the shooting situation and the camera settings and see the results. Great practice for beginning DSLR users.
Street photographer Eric Kim offers this list of 100 Things I Have Learned About Photography:
1. Just because someone has an expensive camera doesn’t mean that they’re a good photographer.
2. Always shoot in RAW. Always.
3. Prime lenses help you learn to be a better photographer.
4. Photo editing is an art in itself
5. The rule of thirds works 99% of the time.
6. Macro photography isn’t for everybody.
7. UV filters work just as well as lens caps.
8. Go outside and shoot photos rather than spending hours a day on photography forums.
9. Capture the beauty in the mundane and you have a winning photograph.
10. Film isn’t better than digital. More
ISO. F-stop. Aperture. Huh?
If you are new to SLR cameras, this simulator may be just the thing for you. Just adjust the settings and hit the shutter to see how those settings would perform.
It also includes a simple explanation of each of the settings toward the bottom of the page.